I. Introduction to Huaiyin Institute of Technology（HYIT）
Established in 1958 and promoted to an undergraduate university in 2000, HYIT is a multi-disciplinary engineering institute under Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education. It is located in Huai’an, a renowned national historical and cultural city in Jiangsu Province. It’s also the birthplace of Zhou Enlai, the first premier of the People’s Republic of China. There are more than 21,000 registered full-time students, including more than 500 post-graduate students. HYIT has more than 1,300 faculty members, including more than 280 postgraduate supervisors, more than 10 national-level talents like “Yangtze Scholars”, and more than 100 double-employed advanced talents, such as “Distinguished Young Scholars”. There are altogether 19 teaching and research units, and 67 undergraduate majors.
HYIT actively promotes the academic internationalization and has established friendly and cooperative relations with more than 50 universities in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Taiwan China. It cooperated with Finland’s JAMK University of Applied Science to carry out undergraduate education in Logistics Engineering, established the Sino-European Canal Cultural Research Center with L'Università del Salento, Italy, and carried out joint doctoral programs with universities such as Lorraine University, France, Nagasaki Institute of Applied Science, Japan and Shinawatra University of Thailand. In 2016, the School of International Education was established to carry out academic education for international students in China. Currently, there are nearly 200 international students from more than 30 countries.
II. Enrollment Majors, Positions & Language of Instruction
|International Economics and Trade
III. Study Mode & Duration
The mode of study is full-time and the duration is 4 years. HYIT implements a two-semester system a year, namely, the spring and autumn semesters. The autumn semester is from September to January of the following year, and the spring semester is from February to July.
IV. Application Requirements
1. The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen holding a valid foreign passport. The original citizens of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than 4 years (inclusive), and have a record of actual residence abroad for more than 2 years within the last 4 years (before April 30 of the enrollment year) (Actually living abroad for 9 months in a year can be counted as one year, subject to entry and exit signatures).
2. Applicants must have a high school diploma or above with good grades.
3. Applicants must obtain HSK Level 4 or above.
4. Applicants must be over 18 years old but not over 25 years old, physically and mentally healthy, and well behaved.
5. Applicants should voluntarily abide by Chinese laws, regulations and school rules and regulations, know China and love China and have not been subject to any disciplinary action or criminal punishment.
V. Application Procedure and Admission
Qualified students package the application materials and send it to the email firstname.lastname@example.org → school review (monthly) → attend school interview → issue pre-admission notice → pay the accommodation fee within the specified date → issue formal admission notice and “Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China” (JW202 Form) (Mid-March to June 15) → Registration at the school at the specified time (September each year, the specific date is subject to the admission notice)
VI. Application materials
(1) Application Form for International Students of Huaiyin Institute of Technology. (Download URL: http://gjy.hyit.edu.cn/info/1037/2135.htm);
(2) An electronic 2-inch passport-style photo.
(3) Copy of your valid passport. (the photo page)
(4) Copy of your original highest degree certificate in Chinese or English.
(5) Copy of your original high school in Chinese or English.
(6) HSK Level 4 or above certificate.
(7) Copy of original medical report in Chinese or English.
(8) Copy of non-criminal certificate in Chinese or English.
VII. Scholarships and grants
1. Successful applicants can apply for “HYIT Scholarship for Outstanding International Students”, the amount of which is RMB 15,000 per person for science or engineering students and RMB 10,500 per person for liberal arts students.
2. After enrollment, students can apply for on-campus part-time job while studying at school and can get an annual stipend of 2000-3000 yuan.
3. Scholarship awarded students are required to refund all the amount of scholarships they received to school if they transfer to another school for personal reasons.
4. Students with outstanding performance in the school can also apply for the Jiangsu Provincial Government Scholarship and the International Student Scholarship of the School of International Education of HYIT every year.
VIII. Fees for Studying at HYIT (RMB)
1. Registration fee: 300 yuan/person
International Economics and Trade: 10,500 yuan/person/year
Biology Engineering: 15,000 yuan/person/year
Communication Engineering: 15,000 yuan/person/year
3. Teaching materials: 800 yuan/person/year
4. Accommodation fee: 1500 yuan/person/year (four-bed room),
2000 yuan/person/year (three-bed room),
3000 yuan/person/year (double room),
5000 yuan/person/year (single room).
5. Accommodation deposit: 4,100 yuan/person/year (Offset the corresponding accommodation and miscellaneous expenses after registration)
6. Comprehensive medical insurance: 600 yuan /person/year (paid after registration)
7. Medical examination fee: 300 yuan/person/year (paid after registration)
8. Visa fee: 400 yuan/person/year (paid after registration)
IX. Contact Details
Ms. YANG Mengjing
Address: No.1, East Meicheng Road, School of International Education, Huaiyin Institute of Technology, Huai’an, Jiangsu Province, China, 223003.
HYIT Home Page: http://www.hyit.edu.cn/
English Website: http://en.hyit.edu.cn/
SIE Home Page: http://gjy.hyit.edu.cn/