Hong Ki An
Ph.D Associate Professor
Tel: +86 18800661225
Office: Room 24216, Building 24, Meichenglu Campus, Huaiyin Institute of Technology.
Education & Experience(教育工作经历）
2018–Present Associate professor, Huaiyin Institute of Technology, China
2013–2017 PhD, University of South Australia, Australia
2012–2012 Master, University of South Australia, Australia
2009–2010 Transport Engineer, GaLim, Korea
2008–2009 Transport Engineer, DaeHae International, Korea
2008–2008 Transport Engineer, NaeKyung Engineering, Korea
2007–2008 Researcher, The Korea Transport Institute, Korea
2005–2006 Study in Transportation Engineering, New York University, US
1997–2004 Bachelor, Daejin University (Transportation Engineering), Korea
Hong Ki An received a PhD from the University of South Australia in 2017. Prior to studying at University of South Australia, he worked as transportation researcher at the Korea Transport Institute where he was involved in many projects namely public transport planning in Ansan-city and Siheung-city, preliminary feasibility plan for route 42 and metropolitan transport implementation planning for Daejeon city. Also, he conducted planning of median bus lane in Gyeongbu expressway, Wolmi-Eunha mororail project and Seolak-cable car plan in Kangwon province. From 2018 onwards, Dr. An is current working at Huaiyin Institute of Technology, as an associate professor, serving continuously in various academic roles. His other research interests are in traffic management and the application of metering systems at intersections, intersection optimization, transport modelling and public transport systems.
1. An, H K, Yue, W L & Kim D S 2015, 'A Proposal of Two Signals Roundabout Analysis Method using SIDRA6', Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1111-1121.
2. An, H K, Yue, W L & Stazic B 2015, 'An Analysis of Partially Signalized Roundabout using SIDRA6 Software', Asian Transport Studies, vol. 4, issue 2, pp. 314-237.
3. An, H K, Yue, W L & Bae, GM 2016, 'A Study of Delay Time Analysis at Metering Roundabout'. Legislation and Policy Studies, vol. 8, issue. 2, pp. 345-367.
4. An, H K, Yue, W L & Stazic B 2016, ‘The effects of queuing detector locations on signal phase time durations on performance of metering roundabout’, Traffic Engineering and Control, issue. 3.
5. An, H K, Yue, W L & Stazic B 2017, ‘Estimation of Vehicle Queuing Lengths at Metering Roundabouts’, Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering (English Edition), vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 545-554.
6. An, H K, Yue, W L & Stazic B 2017, ‘Dual Signals Roundabout Evaluation in Adelaide using SIDRA and AIMSUN Modelling software’, Road and Transport Research, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 36-49.
7. An, H K & Abdalla A N 2019, ‘Predication queuing length at metering roundabout using ANFIS’, Measurement and Control, vol. 52, issue 5-6, pp. 432-440.
8. Ku, Sukmo & An, H K 2020, ‘REVENUE RISK EVALUATION FOR PPP ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE’, International Journal for Traffic and Transportation Engineering, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 187-198.
9. An, H K & Kim, D S 2021, ‘A Review of Roundabout Capacity Model’, KSCE Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering Research, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 143-150.
10. An, H K, Kim, D S & Bae, G M 2021, ‘A Study of Optimal Distance between Signalized Intersections and Roundabouts Considering Unbalanced Traffic Conditions’, KSCE Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering Research, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 707-714.
1. An, H K, Yue, W L & Holyoak, N 2014, 'Signal Metering Roundabout Evaluation using Fuzzy Logic', the 32nd Conference of Australian Institutes of Transport Research (CAITR), University of New South Wales, Sydney, Feb.
2. An, H K, Kim, Y S, Bae, G M & Yue, W L 2014, 'Comparative Analysis of Roundabout and Metering Roundabout with 3-legs, 4-legs (with 1 lane)', 2014 Fall Congress Korea Planners Association, Chungbuk National University, South Korea, Oct.
3. An, H K, Yue, W L & Stazic B 2015, 'An Analysis of Partially Signalized Roundabout using SIDRA6 Software', the 11th Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 11-14 September, Cebu, Philippines.
4. An, H K, Yue, W L & Stazic B 2017, ‘Finding the optimal detector location at metering roundabouts using AIMSUN’, the 12th Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 18-21, September, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnamese.
5. An, H K 2019, ‘Roundabouts: past, present and future’, International Conference of Intelligent Transportation and Vehicle Engineering, 6-8 December, Chongqing, China